Monday, February 20, 2012

My Famous Pear Custard Pie

If you know me, you know I love to bake. I discovered this recipe a couple years ago and have been making it and pies of a similar variety every chance I get. I titled this "Pear Custard" but really, you can choose any fruit that you would prefer. I once made this pie with kiwis, cherries, strawberries and raspberries as a variation for a friend that didn't prefer pears to other fruits. 

  Prep time: 20 minutes 
Cook time: 25-35 minutes 

You will need:- 
-pie dish 
-large bowl 
-stirring spoons 

 Ingredients: 
-3 pears, cored and sliced thin 
-3 eggs 
-1/3 cup flour 
-1 cup sugar 
-1 tsp. Vanilla extract 
-1/4 cup melted butter 
-graham-cracker pie crust (store bought or homemade) 
-1 tbsp. Cinnamon 

Directions: 
-preheat oven to 375 degrees 
-combine eggs, flour, sugar, melted butter and extract to a bowl. Mix until smooth 
-pour into pie crust -arrange pears in spokes coming from the center 
-sprinkle cinnamon on top of pears -bake 25-35 minutes or until custard is firm 

This is one of my favorite pies, I hope you enjoy it! 

 Cheers, foodies!



No comments:

Post a Comment