Sunday, September 9, 2012

Feel-Good Soup

I've run into a few friends who have been sick in these past few days, and I refuse to get sick! I made this soup in about 30 minutes and it turned out delectable, perfect for keeping me healthy and happy.

Cook time: about 30 minutes

Ingredients:
-3-4 cups veggie or chicken broth ( I use water and some Caldo de Pollo)
-1 1/2 cup coconut milk
-1 large sprig of green onions, sliced
-1 zucchini, chopped
-1 yam, peeled and chopped
-1 shallot, chopped
-3 cloves garlic, chopped
-1-2 carrots, shredded
-some chunks of spaghetti squash (remove the peel)
-a ripe tomato, chopped
-sliced, cooked chicken apple sausage (I like to brown mine in a pan with some chopped white onion to give it that char on the outside)
-Salt, pepper and your favorite salt-free herb blend to taste


Directions:
1) Bring broth to a boil in a pot
2) Add shallots, yam, coconut milk, garlic, herbs and tomato to pot
3) Boil 15 minutes
4) Add carrots and zucchini, cook for another 15 minutes
5) Remove from heat, add green onions and sausage and enjoy!

I added some nutritional yeast, Braggs liquid aminos and Pepper Plant sauce to mine, yum!

Cheers, foodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment